Email MeEdward J. Walters Jr.
Edward J. Walters, Jr. has been representing individuals in personal injury cases for over 35 years. Because of his significant courtroom experience and because of his dedication to the Louisiana and Baton Rouge bar, and to the Louisiana State University Law Center, he recently received a statewide honor being named "Distinguished Attorney" in 2009 by the Louisiana Bar Foundation. His practice focuses on all areas of personal injury and wrongful death matters including products liability, automobile accidents, industrial accidents, and sexual abuse by professionals and others.
Ed Walters is certified in the fields of Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been selected for inclusion in Superlawyers in the field of Personal Injury since 2006. Mr. Walters has been selected for inclusion in the 20th Edition of Thge Best Lawyers in America in the practice of Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs. He is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Walters is dedicated to educating our future lawyers. He has served as Adjunct Professor of Law at the L. S. U. Law Center for in excess of 20 years, teaching a course he co-developed with Baton Rouge attorney Michael Patterson entitled "Advanced Trial and Evidence" which is a "hands-on" trial skills course. He has been is a member of the faculty of the law school's yearly Trial Advocacy program since its inception.
Mr. Walters is a frequent lecturer and writer on a vast array of litigation, ethics and professionalism topics and has served as the Editor of the Baton Rouge Bar Association’s monthly publication Around the Bar for 25 years. He is currently serving as the Secretary of the Louisiana State Bar Association and as the Editor of the Louisiana Bar Journal.
Mr. Walters was born in New Orleans. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University (B.S., 1969) and the Louisiana State University Law Center (J.D., 1975) where he is a member of its Hall of Fame.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Automobile Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Sexual Abuse
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Civil Pretrial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Louisiana, 1976
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1975
- Honors: Member of its Hall of Fame
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1969
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Superlawyers in the field of Personal Injury, 2006 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Named "Distinguished Attorney" in 2008 and 2009 by the Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Best Lawyers in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, 1988 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, 1989 - Present
- Bar Association of 5th Federal Circuit, 1988 - Present